I have always worked out in some capacity. Even though I know the benefits of working out and maintaining a healhty diet, sometimes I fall off for months at a time. I think the longest I have ever gone without working out is about 3 months. When I am not working out I have far less energy and I feel less happy...I think a part of the unhappiness stems from the reemergence of my muffin top and the threat of a camel toe in pants that previously fit me perfectly. I don't rapidly gain weight when I take a break from working out, however, my body changes into what I refer to as a squishy toy. Only kids like squishy toys. When I was younger I needed two to three weeks of workout to see results and changes in my body, now, age has robbed me of that "snap back." Father time is a bitch! It now takes two months to see any real change. I really want to be more consistent with working out and staying fit, especially since I'm not getting any younger.
I hate dieting, so, working out consistently is a must, lest I want to be squishy. In order of importance, here is why I work out:
- to be healthy
- to have flexibility with my diet (Eat whatever I want. In moderation, of course.)
- to look awesome when naked
- to look awesome when clothed
Anyhow, here's today's Workout:
- 30 minutes on Elliptical (Resistance between 3-7. Average pace about 5.5 miles per hour)
- 15 minutes walking on Treadmill (Incline on 3. Average pace about 4 miles per hour.)
Upper Body Workout (10 pound weights. 3 rounds of 10)
- Alternating dumbbell curls
- One arm dumbbell curls
- Standing dumbbell press
- Tricep extension
- Pushups (I'm not yet at 10 but I'm slowly getting there. Tragic.)
Every workout ends with about 10 minutes of stretching. Emphasis was placed on the upper body today.
...That is a wrap!
*Above is not my typical workout but since I'm recovering from a back injury and I haven't worked out in a while, I'm slowly easing my way back into the swing of things with low intensity workouts. Le sigh.