Complex Carbohydrates, Virtually Fat Free, High Fiber, Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidant Rich, Protein, Vegan,YUMMINESS! Why wouldn't you want to eat this? The name might be a little weird but once you see the ingredients you'll understand.
How to make Mexican Italian Salad:
Use low sodium canned goods and salad dressing.
- 1 can black bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red bean drained, and rinsed
- 1 can golden corn, drained
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced (I removed the seeds but you don't have to)
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- About a 1/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing (I buy the full fat then squeeze out the oil. If you buy fat free then you get higher sodium. I prefer the fat to the sodium. But obviously the choice is yours.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- OR 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend (optional)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, set aside for at least 15 minutes then serve. Serving size varies. I generally eat about a 3/4's of a cup if I am only doing one side. Great with fish, chicken and pork. (And obviously, bacon)
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will keep safely for about 5 days. This salad is definitely better on day 2 and 3.
Until next time...