Branzino is fast becoming a favorite! The first time I had it was under a year ago and I have eaten it numerous times since. It is low in fat but has a really great flavor. I have only ever cooked it on the bone, so, it's virtually impossible for me to get it too dry. One of my favorite ways to have branzino is stuffed with herbs and lemon and baked at a high temperature. Below is my recipe for Lemon Rosemary Branzino:
- Whole branzino (the one I used was about 1.2 pounds. It serves 2)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Red Pepper flakes
- 3-4 slices of lemon
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosmary
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Clean and pat dry fish
- Combine minced garlic, salt, pepper flakes and olive oil and coat fish (including the cavity)
- Place lemon and rosemary inside the fish cavity
- Place on greased baking sheet and put into the oven
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until skin reaches desired crispiness.
- Remove and let it sit for a few minutes before serving
Hope you try it...it's amazing!