Today's workout started out slow. I had to drag myself. I think it's because I worked out in the evening versus working out in the morning. To make matters a little worse I left my headphone at home or in the car or maybe they fell to the curb and won their freedom. Anyhow, I got into the gym and it was packed. No Bueno! I like the freedom to move about and do what I want without souped up dudes dropping weights, grunting and flashing their "manliness" at everyone. Most dudes seem to work on their upper body and that look that says "Check out my biceps! (But PLEASE don't look at my skinny little legs)" more so than cardio, so, most of the carido machines were free. I went to town.
- 20 minutes on Elliptical (Resistance between 7 – 10. Average pace about 6.5 miles per hour)
- 15 minutes running/walking on Treadmill ( Alternating: 1 minute running at 5.4 miles per hour on an incline of 1 then one minute walking on an incline of 3 at a pace of 4 miles per hour. A bit annoying but I stuck it out.)
- 15 minutes on Stair Master (I average about 3 flights per minute. I was distracted a little by the guy next to me on the Stair Master who kept pushing out his butt and lifting up his shirt to look at himself. )
- Hip and Thigh abductor: 3 sets of 10 on each setting. I think I did 70 -100 pounnds.
- 3 sets of 10 leg extensions with 40/50 pounds.
I had to get creative with my stretch because I had about 2 square feet of space. I can't leave the gym without stretching.
Though I almost didn't make it into the gym today I am glad that I pushed myself to get off the couch. Thinking about working out doesn't burn any calories and muffin tops can't be "reasoned" away.